Choose In-Home Caregiving Services
How to Choose In-Home Caregiving Services
It can be a challenging task to choose the best care for yourself or for your loved ones. There are many factors that go into the decision and CareBuilders at Home wants to make sure you are prepared for the process. Below you will find a list of things we think everyone should consider when they are looking at different options for in-home care.
1) Make sure to conduct research to gain a thorough understanding of the company, compared to other alternatives. It is a good idea to look at several different caregiving agencies before choosing the one that is right for you. This will give you the knowledge to make an educated decision about the best one for your family’s individual needs. When you are doing your in-home care research, make sure to find out if the company has been involved in the community for a while and if they are good corporate citizens. Additionally, see if they have positive reviews online and ask your friends if they have any experience with the provider.
2) Learn the difference between hiring private caregivers and working with an agency. If your family chooses to look for a senior caregiver without the assistance of an agency, you will be responsible for employee benefits, payroll, taxes, background checks, and other things. If you go through a qualified agency, they will take care of these things for you. When you hire an agency, you can rest assured that you will always have care. Additionally, It can be difficult to find a caregiver on your own in short notice, so in the unfortunate event that your first choice caregiver is not available, most agencies will make sure another qualified caregiver arrives at your home in a timely matter. One downside to using agencies is that they can be more expensive than private providers. However, with CareBuilders at Home, that is seldom the case. We pride ourselves in offering the highest quality care at the best price.
3) Ask the caregiving service how they vet and train their employees. Make sure that all employees are background checked and certified to serve your family’s needs.
4) Make sure the provider assigns supervisors to ensure that clients are receiving quality care at all times. One of the biggest advantages of choosing an agency is the peace of mind knowing that someone responsible and trustworthy is protecting your family and giving them the highest quality care.
5) Ask the provider if their services include a plan of care and frequent check ins. The best providers will have regular scheduled meetings with you to assess your family’s needs and make changes as necessary.
6) Make sure that in the event something goes wrong, the provider will be available to help you. When signing up for services ask what steps are taken to ensure problems are remedied quickly. Also ask if you can replace the caregiver in the event you are dissatisfied with them.
7) Finally, find out if the caregiving service is transparent and open in providing all financial information regarding what you will pay for services and any fees associated with care. It is a good sign if they are willing to have an open and honest conversation about the cost of care. At CareBuilders at Home, we believe in putting your needs above all else. We are an open book regarding all the costs involved, since care should never be a financial burden for families who simply need help making sure their loved ones age with ease.